If you saw my Insta Stories last week you know that Resorts World opened in Las Vegas. LV has not seen a mega strip hotel open since the debut of the Cosmopolitan Hotel back in 2010. I was invited to the VIP opening and it did not disappoint. It was so major—there were Chinese dragons and drums on the casino floor, Paris Hilton and DJ Tiesto spinning on the 5th floor pool deck, and an explosive and extravagant fireworks show to close out a most memorable evening!
Most of the hotel and its amenities are open, but there are still things in the works like additional dining, a spa, the gym, and the theater where Celine Dion and others will set up residencies. But don’t worry, there is plenty to do so here are my musts:
- WAKING UP: For breakfast, grab a donut on a stick and an egg sandwich from Instagram-worthy “Sun’s Out Bun’s Out.” It has an adorable spring egg character to greet you as well as cracked egg-shaped chairs. Super cute! There are 2 Starbucks in the property which is obviously critical info. The Starbucks on the casino floor is open and there is another one located in the retail area on level 2.
- SHOPPING: I forgot a few fashion essentials so I popped into Fred Segal which was filled with Cult Gaia, Solid and Striped swim, Staud bags and shoes and a well curated beauty section—score!
- FOOD AND FUN: All of the retail is located in an area called The Spine. It’s a long section filled with retail and a few restaurants. Two of my favorite restaurants from LA, Wally’s Wine and VIVA Mexican, are both located in this area. The Famous Streets food hall is loaded with Michelin-starred street food. You can order from multiple kiosks and grab your food and enjoy on the outdoor patio.
- POOL TIME: There are more than 5 pools at Resorts World and all located on the 5th floor which gives you a nice vantage point of the strip. There are cabanas, day beds and lounge chairs. If you want to have a more adult experience, splurge to sit in the VIP area which is 21 and over. It has an infinity edge pool that lets you look right down the Las Vegas Strip.There are 2 restaurants out by the pool so grab a lite bite and a frozen margarita. I think I drank 10 of these over the weekend.
- A NIGHT OUT: Finally, for dinner I headed to Marigold. I love it but I am biased because I co-own this restaurant with my brother. The menu is approachable and it is filled with burgers, lobster rolls and my favorite item is the cheese-filled monkey bread that comes with a side of marinara dipping sauce. To finish, get one of our shell sundaes— they come in a conch shell and do not disappoint. We finished our night off at the Gatsby’s Bar which sits on the casino floor and is filled with music and tons of energy!